Version 1.5.7, 2013-08-18
- Fix crash on startup when by using Spanish data files.
- Put nouns before adjectives for Italian and Spanish.
- Use English audio for Italian and Spanish.
Version 1.5.6, 2013-07-28
- Fix crash due to scenarios incorrectly using "MaxUnits" when it should be "MaxUnit" (e.g. Stefan Hendriks' Atreides Campaign).
- Implemented true (timer-based) game speed adjustment option. Enabling this will fix game-speed-dependent bugs in the original game such as the sonic blast range and the launcher's inaccuracy.
- Fix error sound being played continuously when an AI cannot release a saboteur.
- Launch deathhand missiles from the centre of the selected palace.
- In skirmish mode, fix walls being revealed to the player.
Version 1.5.5, 2013-05-12
- Fix crash caused by playing on maps where the AI has a starport.
- Fix starport sometimes showing items as requiring an upgrade.
- Fix box selection when mouse released in corner of screen.
- Fix loss of selection when a unit dies during targetting mode.
- Fix synth sound for unit acknowledgements and radar (de-)activation.
- Fix voices when playing in French or German.
- Always show the exit button in the mentat screen.
Version 1.5.4, 2013-03-31
- Fix crash caused by completing a level when a config file has not been created.
- Fix crash due to out-of-bound memory access in AdLib driver.
- Fix carryalls and harvesters disappearing off the map.
- Fix greyed out version of some structure icons.
- Fix announcement of the number four in French and German missile countdowns.
Version 1.5.3, 2013-03-24
- Fix crash due to missing strings (sandworm hint and Ordos end game cutscene).
- Fix song titles in jukebox when only AdLib music available.
Version 1.5.2, 2013-03-10
- Fix crash due to out-of-bound memory access, which can occur after deselecting a structure.
Version 1.5, 2013-03-03
- Add skirmish mode with random map generator.
- Add Options and Extras menu, including picture gallery and juke box.
- Add support for Dune 2 eXtended campaign.
Controls and gameplay:
- Units return to guard after destroying walls and spice blooms.
- Fix units on guard command not attacking structures in range.
- Fix selection issues with left-click orders.
- If using left-click orders, right-clicking on the selected structure will now remove its rally point.
- In non-auto-scroll mode, dragging a selection box over the scrolling region will no longer cause the map to scroll.
- Fix scrolling regions when using scrolling along viewport edge.
- A saboteur can now sabotage an allied unit if it is the only unit selected and is ordered a context-sensitive command.
- Fix bug allowing Fremen, Sardaukar, and Mercenaries to build raider trikes.
- Fix carryalls spinning in circles and failing to deliver reinforcements.
- Refresh starport list when new stock arrives or prices change.
- Starport restocks items that are not delivered.
- Remove option for Ordos getting siege tanks in level 6. Ordos now receive siege tanks one level later than others, like in Dune II.
- Add Super Dune II Classic's sandworm controls.
- Shadows darkened and flicker to be more like in the original game.
- Improve support for the wider US fonts.
- Centre English menu text, like in the US version.
- Add options to give a more original look.
- Add option to use software mouse cursor.
- Add support for system MIDI output (Windows, ALSA).
- Add support for rcblanke's SC-55 music pack.
- Disable interactive music if there are no attack songs, e.g. when using the Sega Mega Drive music pack only.
- Fix playing synth effects alongside announcements when using digitalised sounds only.
- Move music volume configuration out of main config file.
- Saved games no longer need to be numbered consecutively to be found.
- Add large window icon.
- Fix some compilation errors on OS X.
Version 1.4, 2012-11-25
Controls and Gameplay:
- Add fog of war option.
- Fix a bug causing units picked up from the repair bay to not regain any health.
- Fix brutal AI not being loaded from saved games.
- Fix a bug in the script engine causing harvesters to display the "waiting for pickup" status text instead of the "stopped" text.
- Fix bug causing units to walk back and forth at a large obstacle.
- Make units more reliably approach and attack a target.
- Click starport icon to send order.
- Fix palace countdown being reset without releasing a saboteur.
- Saboteurs now only detonate when on sabotage command. This includes right-clicking on an enemy structure, unit, or wall.
- Rally points can now be set with left click when using left-click orders.
- Use same random number generator as Dune II.
- Use repair cost formula from Dune II v1.07, except that palaces are not free to repair.
- Use repair cost formula from Dune II v1.0 for Super Dune II campaign.
- Add option to restore Ordos getting siege tanks one level later than other houses, in level 7 instead of level 6. (default: off)
- Add pixel aspect correction options.
- Use alternative production sidebar for low resolutions.
- Improve the look of building rubble when next to sand tiles.
- Show target cursor for harvester and saboteur actions.
- Fix loss of backgrounds in Direct3D when toggling screen modes.
- Fix sonic tank turret being drawn with a slight tint.
- Use cloaked saboteurs in Super Dune II campaign to mimic Dune II v1.0.
- Infantry squad death animations now an enhancement option.
- Add support for MP3 files.
- Add option to choose between synth and digital sound effects.
- Mentat screen now plays briefing music.
- Strategic map indicates which scenarios you have not yet completed.
- Add new options to the game controls menu.
- Subtitle override is now an enhancement option.
Version 1.3, 2012-11-04
Controls and Gameplay:
- Play as Fremen, Sardaukar, and Mercenaries.
- Units can now be deviated to non-Ordos houses.
- Fix mouse drag when released outside of window.
- Right-mouse-drag pans the viewport.
- Right-click in minimap issues a generic order.
- Add option to use left-click generic orders.
- Add option to only change zoom level when holding control.
- Add option to scroll along edge of viewport, as in Dune II.
- Click palace icon to release superweapon.
- Build queue no longer remains on hold after cancelling an item.
- Fix regular AI not placing down structures.
- By default, Fremen, Sardaukar, and Mercenaries now have a starport delivery time of 10.
- Add double-sized and context-sensitive mouse cursors.
- Current and completed production items now flash.
- Harvesters, refineries, and silos now have spice meters.
- Add support for lost Dune II v1.0 repair bay and high-tech factory animations.
- Add support for transparent rubble graphics.
- Fix rubble sometimes being cleared during structure explosion.
- Add infantry squad death animations, as in the Sega Mega Drive version.
- By default, Fremen, Sardaukar, and Mercenaries now have Cyril, Radnor, and Ammon, respectively, as their mentats.
- Fix bugs causing some warning sounds to not be played.
- Fix deathhand missile countdown when narrator is interrupted.
- Add missile launch announcement.
- By default, Fremen, Sardaukar, and Mercenaries now use the Atreides, Harkonnen, and Ordos voices and music, respectively.
- Add support for custom campaigns.
- Add modding support through PROFILE.INI and HOUSE.INI for each campaign.
- Unit squads, build queues, and rally points are now saved.
- Add replay cutscene menu.
- Add three additional letters in the Hall of Fame.
- Add Direct3D driver (experimental).
Version 1.2, 2012-10-14
Controls and Gameplay:
- Fix crash when active unit dies while choosing a target.
- Add starting from mid-way through a campaign.
- Mouse wheel zooms viewport.
- Fix keyboard scrolling.
- Add refinery rally points.
- Click construction yard icon to place structures.
- Click repair bay icon to eject unit.
- Restore maximum saboteur and sandworm unit count to three of each, as in Dune II v1.0.
- Remove unit slow-down when outside of viewport.
- Fix crater graphics on rock.
- Fix sandworm and sonic tank blur effect.
- Improve blur effect on older video cards.
- Implement screen shakes.
- Fix crash when playing AUD files on Windows.
- Add support for default music pack.
- Add support for Sega Mega Drive music.
- Add structure captured voice.
- Fix infantry acknowledgement sound.
- Restore soldier squish sound and animation.
- Reduce cracking/choppy/poppy sounds on Windows.
- Add reading configuration and saved games from executable directory.
- Add introduction movie subtitles.
- Improve startup time.
- Improve game speed, menu lag.
Version 1.1, 2012-09-29
Controls and Gameplay:
- Add scalable interface and viewport.
- Add structure and unit health bars.
- Add smooth flyer rotation.
- Add smooth scrolling.
Version 1.0, 2012-09-16